- Bluetooth connectivity
- Body-color pwr mirrors
- Body-color door handles
- Automatic light control
- Rear LED taillights
- Variable speed intermittent wipers w/washer
- Halogen headlamps
- Temporary spare tire -inc: aluminum wheel
- 19 aluminum wheels
- Solar tinted glass
- Body-color bumpers
- Rear P245/40YR19 summer tires
- Fog lights
- Front P225/40YR19 summer tires
- Leather-wrapped tilt/telescopic steering wheel -inc: audio controls
- Fold-down rear seats
- Warning chimes -inc: key-in-ignition, seat belt
- Pwr remote fuel door & trunk release
- Chrome accent door handles
- Front seatback pockets
- Lighting -inc: front courtesy, map, glove box, & trunk lamps, ignition
- Leather bucket seats w/cloth inserts
- Trip Computer
- Electroluminescent gauge cluster w/information display screen
- Pwr door locks
- Instrumentation -inc: tachometer, coolant temp, fuel level, odometer, trip odometer, clock
- Rear window defroster
- Pwr windows w/auto up/down
- (2) aux pwr outlets
- Dual illuminated visor vanity mirrors w/driver sunvisor extension
- Full floor carpeting
- Warning lights -inc: oil pressure, low washer fluid, battery charge, door ajar, air bag, seat belt, low fuel, trunk lid open, ABS, check engine, high beam, brake, cruise
- Door map pockets
- Manual air conditioning w/cabin air filter -inc: outside temperature display
- Indicators -inc: cruise control, turn signal/hazard/high beam
- Leather-wrapped shift knob
- Remote keyless entry
- Front/rear stabilizer bars
- Chrome-tipped dual exhaust
- 130-amp alternator
- 4-wheel disc brakes
- Dual-link track-tuned MacPherson strut front suspension -inc: gas shocks, low velocity control dampers
- 5-link independent track-tuned rear suspension w/gas shocks -inc: low velocity control dampers
- 3.8L DOHC GDI 24-valve V6 engine
- Torsen limited-slip differential
- 6-speed manual transmission
- Brembo braking system
- Continuously variable valve timing (CVVT)
- 64-amp/hr battery
- Rear wheel drive
- Pwr rack & pinion steering
- Emergency trunk release
- Front side impact airbags
- Tire pressure monitoring system
- Front side curtain airbags
- Daytime running lights
- Advanced dual front airbags w/occupant classification system
- Hood buckling safety stops & creases
- 4-wheel anti-lock brakes (ABS) -inc: electronic brake force distribution (EBD), brake assist
- Electronic stability control (ESC)
- Front seatbelts w/pre tensioners & force limiters
- Traction control system (TCS)
- Body-side reinforcements
- Front/rear crumple zones
- Shift interlock
- Energy absorbing steering column
- Active front head restraints
- Lower Anchor & Tethers for Children (LATCH) system
When building a sports car, one of the key ingredients is power. Hyundai has added a healthy dose of it to the 2013 Genesis lineup, along with several other key changes.
The Genesis comes in six trim levels, and each is powered by one of two engines. A turbocharged, 16-valve 2.0L 4-cylinder powers the 2.0T, in base, R-Spec and Premium trims. The engine produces 274 hp and 275 ft-lb of torque and comes mated either to a standard 6-speed manual or to an 8-speed automatic.
A 24-valve 3.8L V6 powers the other half of the Genesis lineup, which comes in R-Spec, Grand Touring and Track trim levels. The direct-injected engine is rated at 348 hp and 295 ft-lb of torque, and can be mated to either the 6-speed manual or 8-speed automatic.
The Genesis is suspended with dual-link MacPherson front struts and a multi-link rear setup.
Base 2.0 models offer 18-inch alloy wheels, projector-beam halogen headlights, power mirrors, windows and locks, remote entry, air conditioning, black cloth seats, a leather steering wheel with cruise and audio controls, a 6-speaker CD stereo with SiriusXM satellite radio and Bluetooth hands-free connectivity.
R-Spec cars with either engine add a Torsen limited-slip differential, a track-tuned suspension, Brembo brakes front and rear, 19-inch wheels and red leather seat bolsters.
Premium 2.0 cars have a power sunroof, push-button start, automatic temperature control, grey upholstery, power driver's seating, a 10-speaker Infinity audio system, touch-screen navigation and Hyundai's Blue Link telematics system.
Grand Touring 3.8 cars are equipped similarly to the Premium 2.0, but also feature daytime LED running lights, heated side mirrors with integrated turn signal indicators, back-up warning sensors, and heated leather seating.
Finally, the top-of-the-line 3.8 Track offers high-intensity discharge Xenon headlights, aerodynamic wiper blades, a body-color rear spoiler, aluminum foot pedals and Brembo brakes with the track-ready suspension.
All Genesis models feature front, side, and side curtain airbags, stability control, traction control, four-wheel anti-lock brakes with electronic brake force distribution and brake assist, and active front head restraints. The Genesis comes with Hyundai's excellent bumper-to-bumper 5-year/60,000-mile warranty and 10-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty, along with 24/7 roadside assistance for five years.
Hyundai has thoroughly revamped its Genesis coupe for 2013. Changes have been made inside and out, with a more aggressive front end treatment and a revised and more luxurious passenger cabin. The biggest changes however, are under the hood. On premium fuel, the 2.0L turbocharged 4-cylinder now delivers an impressive 274 hp and 275 ft-lb of torque (up from 210 hp and 223 lb-feet). Similarly, the 3.8L V6 gets a big power bump and now churns out 348 hp and 295 ft-lb (up from 306 hp and 266 lb-feet).
To harness that extra power, Hyundai has done away with the previous 5- and 6-speed automatics and replaced them with a new 8-speed automatic. The 6-speed manual carries over with a few changes.
Overall, six models are offered. Hyundai claims 20 mpg city and 31 mpg highway from the turbocharged 4-cylinder, while the V6 returns 18 mpg city and 28 mpg highway--up 1 mpg each from last year's model.