- Bluetooth connectivity
- Body-color door handles
- Body-color heated pwr mirrors w/integrated turn signals
- Variable speed intermittent wipers w/washer
- Fog lights
- Temporary spare tire -inc: aluminum wheel
- HID Xenon headlamps
- Body-color bumpers
- Pwr tilt/slide sunroof w/sunshade
- Rear LED taillights
- 19 aluminum wheels
- Front P225/40YR19 summer tires
- Solar tinted glass
- Rear P245/40YR19 summer tires
- Body-color rear spoiler
- Aero wiper blades
- Illuminated door sill plates
- Dual illuminated visor vanity mirrors w/driver sunvisor extension
- Navigation system -inc: 7 touch screen
- Pwr door locks
- Leather-wrapped tilt/telescopic steering wheel -inc: cruise, audio controls
- Aluminum pedals
- Automatic temp control w/cabin air filter
- Instrumentation -inc: tachometer, coolant temp, fuel level, odometer, trip odometer, clock
- Heated seats w/pwr driver seat
- Fold-down rear seats
- Electrochromic rearview mirror -inc: HomeLink universal garage door opener, compass
- Indicators -inc: cruise control, turn signal/hazard/high beam
- Lighting -inc: front courtesy, map, glove box, & trunk lamps, ignition
- Electroluminescent gauge cluster w/information display screen
- Door map pockets
- Smartkey w/remote start
- Front seatback pockets
- Remote keyless entry
- Warning chimes -inc: key-in-ignition, seat belt
- Rear window defroster
- Pwr driver lumbar support
- Full floor carpeting
- Chrome accent door handles
- (2) aux pwr outlets
- Pwr windows w/auto up/down
- Metal/chrome interior accents
- Cruise control
- Leather bucket seats w/cloth inserts
- Pwr remote fuel door & trunk release
- Trip Computer
- Warning lights -inc: oil pressure, low washer fluid, battery charge, door ajar, air bag, seat belt, low fuel, trunk lid open, ABS, check engine, high beam, brake, cruise
- Leather-wrapped shift knob
- Chrome-tipped dual exhaust
- 5-link independent track-tuned rear suspension w/gas shocks -inc: low velocity control dampers
- 8-speed automatic transmission w/SHIFTRONIC
- Front/rear stabilizer bars
- 130-amp alternator
- Continuously variable valve timing (CVVT)
- Dual-link track-tuned MacPherson strut front suspension -inc: gas shocks, low velocity control dampers
- 64-amp/hr battery
- 3.8L DOHC GDI 24-valve V6 engine
- Torsen limited-slip differential
- 4-wheel disc brakes
- Brembo braking system
- Pwr rack & pinion steering
- Rear wheel drive
- Electronic stability control (ESC)
- Traction control system (TCS)
- Lower Anchor & Tethers for Children (LATCH) system
- Tire pressure monitoring system
- Emergency trunk release
- Front side impact airbags
- Energy absorbing steering column
- Shift interlock
- Advanced dual front airbags w/occupant classification system
- Front/rear crumple zones
- Active front head restraints
- Hood buckling safety stops & creases
- Blue Link telematics system
- Front side curtain airbags
- Body-side reinforcements
- Front seatbelts w/pre tensioners & force limiters
- 4-wheel anti-lock brakes (ABS) -inc: electronic brake force distribution (EBD), brake assist
- LED daytime running lights
When building a sports car, one of the key ingredients is power. Hyundai has added a healthy dose of it to the 2013 Genesis lineup, along with several other key changes.
The Genesis comes in six trim levels, and each is powered by one of two engines. A turbocharged, 16-valve 2.0L 4-cylinder powers the 2.0T, in base, R-Spec and Premium trims. The engine produces 274 hp and 275 ft-lb of torque and comes mated either to a standard 6-speed manual or to an 8-speed automatic.
A 24-valve 3.8L V6 powers the other half of the Genesis lineup, which comes in R-Spec, Grand Touring and Track trim levels. The direct-injected engine is rated at 348 hp and 295 ft-lb of torque, and can be mated to either the 6-speed manual or 8-speed automatic.
The Genesis is suspended with dual-link MacPherson front struts and a multi-link rear setup.
Base 2.0 models offer 18-inch alloy wheels, projector-beam halogen headlights, power mirrors, windows and locks, remote entry, air conditioning, black cloth seats, a leather steering wheel with cruise and audio controls, a 6-speaker CD stereo with SiriusXM satellite radio and Bluetooth hands-free connectivity.
R-Spec cars with either engine add a Torsen limited-slip differential, a track-tuned suspension, Brembo brakes front and rear, 19-inch wheels and red leather seat bolsters.
Premium 2.0 cars have a power sunroof, push-button start, automatic temperature control, grey upholstery, power driver's seating, a 10-speaker Infinity audio system, touch-screen navigation and Hyundai's Blue Link telematics system.
Grand Touring 3.8 cars are equipped similarly to the Premium 2.0, but also feature daytime LED running lights, heated side mirrors with integrated turn signal indicators, back-up warning sensors, and heated leather seating.
Finally, the top-of-the-line 3.8 Track offers high-intensity discharge Xenon headlights, aerodynamic wiper blades, a body-color rear spoiler, aluminum foot pedals and Brembo brakes with the track-ready suspension.
All Genesis models feature front, side, and side curtain airbags, stability control, traction control, four-wheel anti-lock brakes with electronic brake force distribution and brake assist, and active front head restraints. The Genesis comes with Hyundai's excellent bumper-to-bumper 5-year/60,000-mile warranty and 10-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty, along with 24/7 roadside assistance for five years.
Hyundai has thoroughly revamped its Genesis coupe for 2013. Changes have been made inside and out, with a more aggressive front end treatment and a revised and more luxurious passenger cabin. The biggest changes however, are under the hood. On premium fuel, the 2.0L turbocharged 4-cylinder now delivers an impressive 274 hp and 275 ft-lb of torque (up from 210 hp and 223 lb-feet). Similarly, the 3.8L V6 gets a big power bump and now churns out 348 hp and 295 ft-lb (up from 306 hp and 266 lb-feet).
To harness that extra power, Hyundai has done away with the previous 5- and 6-speed automatics and replaced them with a new 8-speed automatic. The 6-speed manual carries over with a few changes.
Overall, six models are offered. Hyundai claims 20 mpg city and 31 mpg highway from the turbocharged 4-cylinder, while the V6 returns 18 mpg city and 28 mpg highway--up 1 mpg each from last year's model.