- COMAND cockpit management & data system -inc: AM/FM/CD/MP3/DVD/Weatherband stereo, SD memory card reader, aux audio input, Bluetooth hands-free communication system, (8) speakers
- Front halogen foglamps
- 17 x 8.0 aluminum wheels
- Rain-sensing windshield wipers -inc: heated washer reservoir
- Pwr tilt/slide glass sunroof -inc: sunshade, 1-touch express open/close, sunroof memory
- P245/45R17 all-season performance tires
- Selectable light-sensing headlamps
- Pwr heated signal mirrors -inc: mirror memory, auto-dimming driver mirror
- LED license plate lighting
- Temporary spare tire w/steel wheel
- Front/rear reading lights
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror
- Cruise control
- 4-way pwr tilt/telescopic steering column -inc: memory, programmable easy-exit feature
- Anti-theft alarm system w/engine immobilizer
- Valet lock
- Pwr door locks
- Electrically heated rear window w/auto shut-off
- SmartKey infrared remote -inc: trunk open, windows & sunroof open/close, panic alarm, fuel filler door, selective unlock
- Steering wheel gearshift paddles
- Leather seat trim
- Night security illumination
- Dual illuminated visor vanity mirrors
- 14-way pwr front bucket seats -inc: 3-position driver seat memory, adjustable lumbar support, pwr active head restraints
- Universal garage door opener
- Pwr windows w/1-touch express down & up
- Automatic dual-zone climate control -inc: dust & pollen filters, humidity & dew point sensors
- Ambient lighting
- Double sun visors
- Leather-wrapped multi-function steering wheel
- Front/rear velour floor mats
- Front/rear stabilizer bars
- Independent 3-link front & 5-arm multi-link rear suspension
- 4-wheel ventilated pwr disc brakes
- AGILITY CONTROL suspension system
- Vehicle tool kit
- 4MATIC all-wheel drive
- 3.5L 24-valve V6 engine
- Driver-adaptive 7-speed automatic transmission w/steering wheel shift paddles -inc: sport & economy shift mode
- Dual exhaust w/chrome tailpipes
- Direct-steer speed-sensitive pwr rack & pinion steering
- LED daytime running lamps
- Driver knee airbag
- Front passenger weight sensing system (WSS)
- Front/rear side curtain airbags
- PRE-SAFE brake
- Roll-over sensor
- mbrace in-vehicle services -inc: stolen vehicle recovery, remote door unlock service, automatic alarm & collision notification, (6) months Hughes Telematics service
- Child safety rear door locks
- Tire pressure monitoring system
- 4-wheel electronic traction system (4ETS)
- All-position 3-point seat belts
- Front dual-stage airbags w/front passenger adaptive feature
- First aid kit
- Electronic stability program (ESP)
- ATTENTION ASSIST drowsiness monitor
- Emergency interior trunk release
- Front side-impact airbags
- 4-wheel anti-lock braking system (ABS) w/brake assist system (BAS)
- Front pelvic airbags
- ISOFIX/LATCH anchor & tether system for child seats
The E-Class comes in an array of four different body styles--Sedan, Coupe, Cabriolet and Wagon--and five different engines, signaled by their model nomenclature.
All E-Class models come with a 7-speed automatic transmission. E350 models are the starting point up the price ladder, with their 302-horsepower, 3.5L V6. Above that, it's the E550 and its 4.6L direct-injection V8, making 402 hp and 443 pound-feet of torque. 4Matic all-wheel drive is standard on the E550 and available on most E350 models. At the top of the line, there's the performance-focused E63 AMG, with its 518-hp, 5.5L biturbo V8.
Separately, environmentally minded shoppers have a couple of good options. The E350 Bluetec packs a strong 3.0L turbo-diesel V6, making 210 hp and 400 lb-ft of torque. It includes a urea-based exhaust Meanwhile the E400 Hybrid offers the E350's gasoline V6, paired with a 27 hp, 207 lb-ft electric motor system that supplements its output, permitting both electric-only operation in some situations and the engine to be detached during high-speed coasting, or "sailing." The Hybrid also has the first lithium-ion battery pack designed specifically for automotive use, Mercedes-Benz says. Both of these models are rear-wheel drive only.
No matter the model, the E-Class has a classic luxury-sedan interior, with interior trims that are impressive and upscale yet not too flamboyant. Coupes and Cabriolets (convertibles) have less backseat space--with seating for four instead of five--but an AirCap system in Cabriolet models helps limit air turbulence with the top down. Ride comfort is top-notch through the lineup, too, and a driver-adjustable suspension system is included, while V8 models get air shocks to increase comfort without additional body motion.
On E63 AMG models, standard equipment now also includes the navigation system, enhanced voice control, a rearview camera system, an Active Multicontour Driver seat, heated and active ventilated front seats, Adaptive Highbeam Assist, bi-xenon headlamps with Active Curve Illumination, additional corner-illuminating lamps, an electronic trunk closer and Keyless Go.
Standard equipment across the E-Class model line includes power front seats (with 3-position memory), Smart Key entry, dual-zone climate control, cruise control, an integrated garage-door opener, rain-sensing intermittent wipers and ambient lighting. The COMAND screen and controller-based system is also included, wrapping together radio, DVD/CD and a Bluetooth interface, as well as other media through a memory-card slot.
All E-Class models also include Attention Assist, a feature that studies the driver's steering patterns, alerting the driver with a coffee-cup icon and instrument-cluster message if when between 50 and 112 mph, it suspects drowsy driving.
The E-Class has several other noteworthy active-safety options. Night View Assist Plus uses infra-red light from beams mounted within the headlights to help see ahead nearly 500 feet--and see pedestrians up to 300 feet earlier than without the system, thanks to a screen built into the instrument cluster. There's also Distronic Plus, a sensor system that now includes Blind Spot Assist and Park Assist. Distronic Plus cars also have Pre-Safe, a system that can automatically apply full braking for an impending collision.
Blind Spot Assist and Lane Keeping Assist are offered together in a Lane Tracking Package, while the Driver Assistance Package brings Distronic Plus, Active Blind Spot Assist, and Active Lane Keeping Assist. Some of the desirable luxury features and conveniences are grouped together into Premium 1 and Premium 2 packages, while standalone options include a rear side airbag, Parktronic parking guidance, split folding rear seats, a heated steering wheel, a 115-volt power outlet and a rear-seat entertainment system, among many others.
A new E400 Hybrid model joins the E-Class sedan lineup for 2013.
All E-Class Coupe and Convertible models for 2013 get a new electromechanical steering system, plus standard heated front seats. E350 Coupe and Cabriolet models get new larger 18-inch 5-spoke wheels, while E550 Coupe and Cabriolet models include an 18-inch five-twin wheel design. Also, on the high-performance E63 AMG models, a long list of features that were formerly optional as part of the former Premium2 package are now included as standard.
Across the entire E-Class lineup, the mbrace2 connectivity and assistance system is a new standard feature.