- Roof mounted antenna
- AM/FM/CD stereo w/(2) front speakers -inc: aux input
- Compact spare tire
- Fixed intermittent windshield wipers w/mist function
- Black door handles
- Multi-reflector halogen headlamps
- 15 x 5.5 steel wheels w/full wheel covers
- P185/65HR15 all-season tires
- Body color front/rear bumpers
- Black grille
- Black manual folding mirrors
- Dual front & rear cup holders
- Immobilizer system
- Manual rear trunk release
- Rear window defroster w/timer
- Reclining front bucket seats -inc: integrated front head restraints
- 4-way manual driver seat
- Driver & front passenger map pockets
- 4-way manual passenger seat
- Black IP trim finisher
- Trip computer -inc: avg fuel consumption, current MPG, distance-to-empty
- Carpeted floor & cargo area
- Air conditioning w/in-cabin microfilter
- Rear bench seat -inc: outboard vertical adjustable head restraints
- Cloth seat trim
- 12V pwr outlet
- Fasten seat belt warning light/chime
- Remote fuel lid release
- Rear parcel shelf
- Tilt steering column
- 1.6L DOHC 16-valve I4 engine
- Engine mounts -inc: (2) solid, (1) liquid-filled
- Independent strut front suspension w/stabilizer bar
- Torsion beam rear suspension w/stabilizer bar
- Front wheel drive
- Pwr front vented disc/rear drum brakes
- 5-speed manual transmission w/OD
- Electric speed-sensitive variable-assist pwr steering
- Battery saver
- 3-point ELR/ALR front passenger seat belt w/pretensioner & load limiter
- Clutch interlock
- Rear child seat tether anchors (LATCH)
- Zone body construction -inc: front/rear crumple zones, hood deformation point
- 3-point ELR/ALR rear seat belts at all positions
- Front & rear side curtain airbags
- Energy absorbing front/rear bumpers
- Dual-stage front airbags w/occupant classification system
- Steel side-door impact beams
- Anti-lock brake system (ABS) -inc: electronic brake force distribution (EBD), brake assist
- Emergency interior trunk release
- Child safety rear door locks
- Tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS)
- Front side-impact airbags
- 3-point ELR driver seat belt w/pretensioner & load limiter
- Energy absorbing steering column
- Vehicle dynamic control (VDC)
- Traction control system (TCS)
For 2012, Nissan has completely restyled its Versa sedan. Three trim levels are offered: S, SV and SL. All are powered by a new 109-hp 1.6L 4-cylinder with continuously variable valve timing. In the S, a 5-speed manual transmission puts power to the front wheels, while SV and SL cars are equipped with Nissan's Xtronic continuously variable transmission. When so equipped, the Versa sedan delivers an EPA estimate 33 mpg combined fuel economy.
Even the S offers enough features to keep drivers and passengers comfortable. These include halogen headlights, air conditioning, an AM/FM/CD stereo with two auxiliary audio inputs, power steering, trip computer, tilt steering wheel and a 6-way adjustable driver's seat.
In the SV, buyers will find power mirrors, locks and windows, with driver's side 1-touch auto up/down, a tachometer and upgraded trip computer, a 4-speaker stereo, remote keyless entry, cruise control, premium cloth seating and various interior accents. Fifteen inch steel wheels are standard on the S and SV.
The SL gets 15-inch alloy wheels, fog lights, Bluetooth hands-free connectivity, variable-speed windshield wipers, passenger visor vanity mirror, a 60/40 split-folding rear seat, silver and chrome interior accents, a premium four-speaker stereo with MP3/WMA CD playback and iPod interface, speed-sensitive volume control and steering-wheel-mounted audio controls.
Packaged options for the Versa sedan included a Cruise Control Package for the S, a Convenience Package with Bluetooth and premium stereo for the SV and a Tech Package with navigation and XM satellite radio for the SL. Individual options are available across the model range and include things such as a rear spoiler, carpeted floor and trunk mats and special body and interior accents.
The Versa hatchback continues in 2012 in either S or SL trim, with power derived from a 122-hp 1.8L 4-cylinder. In the S, choose either a 6-speed manual or 4-speed automatic to put that power to the wheels, while Xtronic is the transmission of choice in the SL. The S offers a 4-speaker stereo, power mirrors, locks and windows, tilt steering, air conditioning, rear window wiper, suede/tricot cloth seating and a 60/40 split-folding rear seat. In the SL you'll find keyless entry, cruise control, auto-dimming rearview mirror, upgraded upholstery, special wood and aluminum inlays, a 6-speaker stereo, and steering wheel-mounted audio controls.
Like all Nissans, the Versa does not scrimp on safety, and in addition to six airbags, the car offers anti-lock braking with electronic brake distribution, traction control and stability control.
For 2012, the big news the Nissan Versa is a completely redesigned Versa sedan. The car comes with a bargain $10,990 base price, making it one of the most inexpensive cars available. The Versa is by no means cheap, however. Even in that base trim level, the Versa sedan comes with air conditioning, six airbags and a bevy of electronic safety features.
In keeping with the rest of the Nissan nomenclature, the Versa is offered in three trim levels: S, SV and SL. A 109-hp 1.6L 4-cylinder engine is standard on all models. It replaces the 1.8L found in previous models. In the S it is mated to a 5-speed manual, while the other trims get Nissan's Xtronic continuously variable transmission.
The new sedan offers surprisingly spacious passenger room, with a usable backseat for adults and the trunk is large enough to accept plenty of suitcases, golf clubs, groceries and more.
Fuel economy is rated at 27 mpg city/36 mpg highway with the manual transmission and 30 mpg city/38 mpg hwy with the CVT.
The Versa hatchback is largely unchanged for 2012, and is still powered by the 1.8L engine.